[Paraview] Catalyst example with stream tracer

Luigi Calori l.calori at cineca.it
Tue Aug 23 14:12:02 EDT 2016

Thanks for the reply.
We can share our python scripts but are not allowed to share the whole
simulation code.

We are trying to reproduce the error with the fortran example without
success:
Currently fortran example compute complex data, so we are not exactly in
the same situation.

We also checked and seems that there are differences in the amount of
overlapping that is happening:
In Fortran example the different extents of imageData overlaps for just
one value,
In our code the overlap is greater, would it be a problem?

We will further try to reproduce the problem in a simpler example

Best regards

Luigi

On 22/08/2016 22:52, Andy Bauer wrote:
> Can you share your Python script? Also, I would suggest using the
> gridwriter.py script to see what Catalyst is getting as your data set
> input. It may be different than what your normal simulation output is.
>
> Best,
> Andy
>
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Luigi Calori <l.calori at cineca.it
> <mailto:l.calori at cineca.it>> wrote:
>
>     We are trying to add stream tracer filter to a catalyst pipeline
>     that handle a simulation with an image data
>     vector field ( evenly distributed among processors )
>     We got "floating invalid" error, even when running on a single core
>     A similar pipeline is running ok in paraview with the field saved
>     by simulation and reopened in paraview
>     We have also tried to use StreamTraceWith CustomSource with same
>     result.
>
>     Thanks in advance for any hints, expecially any example of
>     catalyst pipeline.
>
>     Best
>               Luigi
>

>     --
>     Luigi Calori
>     SuperComputing Applications and Innovation Department
>     CINECA - via Magnanelli, 6/3, 40033 Casalecchio di Reno (Bologna)
>     - ITALY
>     Tel: +39 051 6171509 <tel:%2B39%20051%206171509>  Fax: +39 051
>     6132198 <tel:%2B39%20051%206132198>
>     hpc.cineca.it <http://hpc.cineca.it>

>     <http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html>
>
>     Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at:
>     http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView <http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView>
>
>     Search the list archives at:
>     http://markmail.org/search/?q=ParaView
>     <http://markmail.org/search/?q=ParaView>

Luigi Calori
SuperComputing Applications and Innovation Department
CINECA - via Magnanelli, 6/3, 40033 Casalecchio di Reno (Bologna) - ITALY
Tel: +39 051 6171509  Fax: +39 051 6132198
hpc.cineca.it