[Paraview] Catalyst example on dynamic producer setup

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Wed Aug 17 21:23:06 EDT 2016

Hi,

This is possible but at this point requires custom coding the Python script
to specify which fields are needed. This should be done during the
RequestDataDescription() call. You can use vtkCPInputDataDescription's
IsFieldNeeded() and IsFieldPointData() methods to specify what's needed in
the Python script and then create the requested VTK data arrays in the
adaptor after that. There are plans to allow the GUI script generation to
specify which data arrays are needed but no concrete date (likely over a
year unless there's significant support for the development effort) for
when that functionality will be available.

Cheers,
Andy