[Paraview] Visualizing data in vtkOverlappingAMR format

Shawn Qin xsqin at uw.edu
Wed Aug 17 14:16:20 EDT 2016

Hello all,

Our group are trying to use Paraview to visualize output from our code
(http://www.clawpack.org/). I wrote a python script to convert our
output to 2D _*vtkOverlappingAMR*_ format. This format follows the
template given by an example in the VTK (not Paraview) source code:
vtk/Examples/AMR/Cxx/Generate2DAMRDataSetWithPulse.cxx

But when I use Paraview to open a single vtk file, it get crashed
occasionally with "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". The even more
weird thing is that if you click on "apply" fast enough after open the
vtk file, it is very likely to crash. But if you do these operations in
Paraview slower, it will probably be fine and everything get visualized
normally.

Thanks!

Best,

--

Xinsheng Qin
Ph.D. Student at Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Master Student at Department of Applied Mathematics
University of Washington
xsqin at uw.edu