[Paraview] Maintaining Constraints or Joints of a CAD assembly in Paraview

Mega Mind 123megamind at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 19:23:19 EDT 2016

I can not find a FEA tool that can import not only CAD models but the whole
assembly WITH constraints/joints. I don't think Paraview can but do you
think (or has any attempted) it would be possible to link Paraview with the
geometry kernel/geometric constraint solver of the originating CAD modeler
eg. Solidworks, Creo, Fusion360 etc. The methods are exposed apparently as
I have emailed those companies but I never see anyone actually do it in an
open source tool. I have found a couple of commercial apps that can do it
but of course they are not saying how they did it or any help and I'm
pretty sure because of their price point they are licensing the kernels eg
Parasolid. I did find a Matlab based program that actually could so I know
it to be possible without having to license the kernel/solver but you need
to have the CAD program installed and maybe opened. If you know of a FEA
open source tool that can I would love to know or ANY tool that can. Any
help would be great thanks