[Paraview] a lot of Generic Warning for vtkBuffer in PV5.1

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Fri Aug 12 09:07:59 EDT 2016

Hi Claire,

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Claire.GUILBAUD at CEA.FR
<Claire.GUILBAUD at cea.fr> wrote:
>   Deleting unknown object: vtkBuffer
> When I close PV, there are a lot of vtkBuffer<ScalarT> instances still
> around.

I haven't been able to reproduce this, but think I may have found the issue.

Open VTK/Common/Core/vtkBuffer.h, and change line 32 from

  vtkTypeMacro(vtkBuffer, vtkObject)

  vtkTemplateTypeMacro(vtkBuffer, vtkObject)

recompile, and see if that fixes the warnings. If that works for you,
I'll push this into the next release.

BTW, what operating system are you on? I'm curious about why these
issues haven't been popping up elsewhere...

Thanks,
Dave