[Paraview] Importing paraview.simple from python

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 13:55:06 EDT 2016

fyi, a common way to encounter
> Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
is when cmake's find Python modules mix two version of Python. this
happen if you have two installs, one in a system location and one else
where with interpreter in the path. You can identify it in the cmake
cache. bug reports on this are found in the cmake Mantis tracker. The
most informative is here <https://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14809> and
in new bug tracker here
<https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues/14809>. I've resorted to
using python-config in cmake to work around, but this requires the
environment to have the desired python in the path, ld lib path, dyld
lib path and pkg config path.