[Paraview] Paraview Build python dependency

michal wozniak michalwozniak at live.ca
Tue Aug 9 15:23:00 EDT 2016

Hi,
I am building ParaView from source. When we test my release version on a different system, we can't use any feature that uses python : trace, python shell ...

I installed your binary version and I saw that you provided the python27.DLL and a Lib folder which seem to be the one from python27 installation directory. So I copy pasted python27.dll  and Lib folder into my release folder. When I use this release folder on a different computer, Paraview is still crashing when we try to use  the trace feature which use python.

Could someone tell me what's the correct way of deploying python with ParaView.  If only there was some python tool like windeployqt.exe which is provided by qt.
thanks
Michal Wozniak