[Paraview] Depth rendering issues on ParaView Desktop 5.1.0

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Tue Aug 9 08:49:19 EDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 9:55 PM, Júlio Hoffimann
<julio.hoffimann at gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the Arch Linux documentation
> (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xorg#Driver_installation), the Intel
> driver has priority over the others, is it being picked up in the log?

I'm afraid this is going beyond my ability to help, I'm not terribly
familiar with these details. But it does look to me like the drivers
are loaded correctly in the log.

> I updated ParaView from AUR, could you confirm that 5.x.x releases are
> working with Arch? I only have another machine with Ubuntu to test on.

I updated my arch box yesterday, and can confirm the the 5.x branches
are working correctly, both using the proprietary nVidia drivers and
the bundled mesa-llvm implementation. I don't have an intel card to
test on, but the mesa-llvm test rules out the hardware driver.

The only thing left I can think of would be to bisect the source, but
that can be a very time consuming process. If you locate the commit
that's causing the error, perhaps it would shed some light on what's
happening.

I'm out of ideas at this point -- maybe someone else will have some suggestions?

Good luck,
Dave