[Paraview] Depth rendering issues on ParaView Desktop 5.1.0

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Fri Aug 5 09:24:20 EDT 2016

The only other thing I can think of is that it might be an issue with
the new depth peeling code, which is used to blend layers of
translucent geometry. However, from the look of the screenshots, it
appears that all of the geometry is opaque, in which case depth
peeling wouldn't be used.

Still, you can try setting the environment variable
"VTK_USE_LEGACY_DEPTH_PEELING" to force the older depth peeling code.
This was added for 5.1.2, so you'll need to test that on the new
release.

Other than that...I'm out of ideas, unfortunately. Maybe try an older
4.x version of paraview?

Maybe someone else will have some idea what may be happening. It
appears that the depth test has been reversed on these builds somehow.