[Paraview] Xdmf Reader always asks for version 2 or Version 3

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Aug 2 13:46:37 EDT 2016

Sorry not without hacking a bit.

Thoughts about how to go about it:

You can configure a ParaView build to have just one or the other, in which
case the choice goes away.

Change the .xdmf file extension to something like .xdmf2 or .xdmf3 and then
register the extension to just one of the readers.

Extend vtkXdmf*Reader::CanReadFile to check for some version attribute near
the top of the file and return no if the file is meant for the other reader.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive