[Paraview] Paraview not using normals data when rendering WarpByVector

Carlos Baumann CBaumann at slb.com
Mon Apr 25 14:16:30 EDT 2016

Hello Paraview !

The attached .vtk file has quad elements defining a tube,
for each point or node it has defined a scalar Pressure, and two vectors, Displacement and Normals.

When I render "Displacement Magnitude" on the surface, the normal are used, this is perfect and this is what I want, see attached snapshot,

However when I use WarpByVector to deform the geometry, and plotting "Displacement Magnitude" on the surface, the normals are not used,
each element uses its own normal, and I see the facets.  How can I change this so that the normals that I have defined in the .vtk file are used ?

Ideally I would want Paraview to use the normal at any point/node by averaging the normal of all the elements attached, weighted by the area,
can this be done automatically with GUI settings ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Carlos