[Paraview] Errors in find data using paraview 4.1

Jun Zhang Jun.Zhang at ed.ac.uk
Sun Apr 24 12:34:52 EDT 2016

Hi Utkarsh

Thanks for your explanation.

Could you please tell me how to install numpy on my local Python
installation in details?

Many thanks,
Jun

Quoting Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> on Sun, 24 Apr
2016 08:43:07 -0700:

> This seems to be an issue with the ParaView build in OpenFOAM. It's
> not packaging numpy. Alternatively, if it's using system installed
> Python, you will need to install numpy on your local Python
> installation.
>
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Jun Zhang <Jun.Zhang at ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I am using Paraview 4.1 which is installed with OpenFOAM on Ubuntu 12.04.
>> Basically, Paraview works well. However, when I try to use "find data" to
>> extract something, the errors come out like this:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>>   File
>> "/home/jun/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.4.0/platforms/linux64GccMNF/ParaView-4.1.0/lib/paraview-4.1/site-packages/paraview/extract_selection.py",
>> line 19, in <module>
>>     from paraview.vtk import dataset_adapter
>>   File
>> "/home/jun/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.4.0/platforms/linux64GccMNF/ParaView-4.1.0/lib/paraview-4.1/site-packages/paraview/vtk/dataset_adapter.py",
>> line 5, in <module>
>>     sure that it is installed properly.")
>> RuntimeError: This module depends on the numpy module. Please makesure that
>> it is installed properly.
>>
>> Anyone knows how to solve this problem? Highly appreciated.
>>
>> Best,
>> Jun
>>

>> --

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

Jun Zhang
Research Associate
School of Engineering, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.