[Paraview] Errors in find data using paraview 4.1

Jun Zhang Jun.Zhang at ed.ac.uk
Sat Apr 23 17:42:55 EDT 2016

Hi All

I am using Paraview 4.1 which is installed with OpenFOAM on Ubuntu
12.04. Basically, Paraview works well. However, when I try to use
"find data" to extract something, the errors come out like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
   File
"/home/jun/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.4.0/platforms/linux64GccMNF/ParaView-4.1.0/lib/paraview-4.1/site-packages/paraview/extract_selection.py", line 19, in
<module>
     from paraview.vtk import dataset_adapter
   File
"/home/jun/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.4.0/platforms/linux64GccMNF/ParaView-4.1.0/lib/paraview-4.1/site-packages/paraview/vtk/dataset_adapter.py", line 5, in
<module>
     sure that it is installed properly.")
RuntimeError: This module depends on the numpy module. Please makesure
that it is installed properly.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem? Highly appreciated.

Best,
Jun

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.