[Paraview] Fwd: Re: negative value for a vector' magnitude

Gena Bug archaerolog at mail.ru
Tue Apr 19 10:08:26 EDT 2016

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [Paraview] negative value for a vector' magnitude
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 16:07:58 +0300
From: Gena Bug <archaerolog at mail.ru>
To: Mandar Prakash Shirke <Mandar.Shirke at infosys.com>

On 19.04.2016 15:20, Mandar Prakash Shirke wrote:
> Hello,
Hi,

> Thank you for reply.
> I did not understand what you said here & there is no file with name "negative_magnitude.pvsm" in Paraview directory.
OK, let me explain it again: angular periodic filter creates full region
from a partial one, also, despite transform filter, it correctly handle
vector fields. However, rescale to data range doesn't work for vector
fields in the complete region -- minimum value of magnitude is negative.

Now step-by-step:
1. create a plane [0, 1]x[0, 1]:
Source -> Plane (Origin (0, 0, 0), Point1 (1, 0, 0), Point2 (0, 1, 0))
2. create a vector field in it:
Calculator (Point Data: coordsX*iHat + coordsY*jHat)
3. create a full region [-1, 1]x[-1, 1] from the plane:
AngularPeriodicFilter (Rotation Angle 90, Axis: Axis Z)
4. Activate coloring for the vector field in the full region.

After step 4 I see next (see snapshot.png).

In the previous email I attached a state file with these steps.

> Please find attached screenshot of error.
Don't understand how this message corresponds to the problem... Is it
happen when you try to load the state file?