[Paraview] no glyphs when using renderserver...

Jung Thomas Thomas.Jung at iisb.fraunhofer.de
Wed Apr 13 06:30:59 EDT 2016

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 09:35:00 -0400
From: Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com>
To: Jung Thomas <Thomas.Jung at iisb.fraunhofer.de>
Cc: "paraview at paraview.org" <paraview at paraview.org>
Subject: Re: [Paraview] no glyphs when using renderserver...

Seems to be some issue on rendering remotely, period. Can you look at
the About dialog and see what OpenGL version it reports for client and
server sides?

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 6:05 AM, Jung Thomas
<Thomas.Jung at iisb.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new to using pvserver, the problem I describe appears with
> ParaView-5.0.1-Qt4-OpenGL2-MPI-Linux-64bit, but also with elder versions I
> compiled myself.
>
> Everything seemed to be fine at first, but then I realized there is
> something wrong with stream tracers and glyps(arrows), I believe on the
> client side.
> Stream tracers do show when I press left mouse button and move it, then they
> dissappear again.
> 3D glyps don't show up at all.
> Scalar fields, meshes are being displayed o.k. however.
> Using local rendering however everything is fine. I have the vague idea it
> could be related to some local refresh mechanism, but not enough knowledge
> to figure that out.
>
> Thank you for any hint, and have a nice day!

I am new to this list and did not find another way to answers as copying this part from the daily digest and resending it to paraview at paraview.org.
If that is not the correct way, would you please let me know how to do that?

I could not figure out how to copy the text from the About dialog, could not even mark or select it, so I attach the client and connection part as screenshots.
The OpenGL-Versions are 3.2.0 NVIDIA 340.65 on the client and 3.2.0 NVIDIA 352.79 in the connection tab.

Thank you!