[Paraview] no glyphs when using renderserver...

Jung Thomas Thomas.Jung at iisb.fraunhofer.de
Mon Apr 11 06:05:55 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I am new to using pvserver, the problem I describe appears with ParaView-5.0.1-Qt4-OpenGL2-MPI-Linux-64bit, but also with elder versions I compiled myself.

Everything seemed to be fine at first, but then I realized there is something wrong with stream tracers and glyps(arrows), I believe on the client side.
Stream tracers do show when I press left mouse button and move it, then they dissappear again.
3D glyps don't show up at all.
Scalar fields, meshes are being displayed o.k. however.
Using local rendering however everything is fine. I have the vague idea it could be related to some local refresh mechanism, but not enough knowledge to figure that out.

Thank you for any hint, and have a nice day!