[Paraview] ParaView v5 vs2008 or vs20013?

Nenad Vujicic nenadus at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 09:15:19 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

Which Visual Studio and CMake were used for preparing ParaView v5 binaries
from http://www.paraview.org/download/ <http://www.paraview.org/download/?> ?
I tried to build ParaViewSuperbuild using VS2013 / VS2012 and CMake
2.8.11.2 / 3.4.1, but, didn't have success. Here is what I did:

1) Downloaded currently the latest Superbuild sources (from master branch),
2) create build inside of Superbuild, run cmake-gui ..,
3) I turned OFF using ParaView git sources, turned ON most of packages
under ENABLE (except mpi, manta, libxml2, etc) and hit Configure /
Generate, I used system Qt v4 (everything is x64),
4) Opened generated solution from VS IDE, tried first to build zlib project
and nothing happened, only reported:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: zlib, Configuration: Release x64
------
1>  Building Custom Rule C:/Projects/PVdev/Superbuild/CMakeLists.txt
1>  CMake does not need to re-run because
C:\Projects\PVdev\Superbuild\build\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
1>  Creating directories for 'zlib'
1>  No download step for 'zlib'
1>  No update step for 'zlib'
1>  No patch step for 'zlib'
1>  No configure step for 'zlib'
1>  No build step for 'zlib'
1>  No install step for 'zlib'
1>  Completed 'zlib'
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

5) Btw, if I turn on mpi during cmake phase, I get a lot of errors (like
missing MPI_CXX_COMPILER) during Configuring. I cannot even come to
generating building files.

Can someone shed more light on building process of PV v5, please?

Thanks in advance,
Nenad.