[Paraview] EXTERNAL: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: CxxOverlappingAMRExample with Catalyst Live

Jim.Eliot at awe.co.uk Jim.Eliot at awe.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 12:41:30 EDT 2016

Hi Andy,

Thank you for all the help that you have provided.

I feel like I don’t quite understand how Catalyst handles the simulation data. If I use ParaView Catalyst for large parallel simulations, and I try to fetch the entire dataset, does all the data in the problem get sent to the client on my workstation?

If I am running pvserver in parallel, would that be able to distribute the data between the processes? How do I tell Catalyst to connect to the pvservers and the pvservers to connect to the client? I guess I can use –client-host and –server-port on the pvservers and point them to the paraview client but how do I make the Catalyst -> pvserver connection?

Thank you for the information regarding AMR grids – it sounds like this approach will work for my application.

Kind regards,
Jim