[Paraview] Segfault in ParaView 4.4 RC2

Dorier, Matthieu mdorier at anl.gov
Mon Sep 14 18:05:18 EDT 2015

Hi again,

I'm getting closer to making my sample application work, but still have some problems:

I have checked that my C++ adaptors are correct by generating a script that writes the data in pvti files. This works, I can run my application with this script, the file is generated and I can load it in ParaView to see that the content is correct. I took this opportunity to re-generate a script that is supposed to output a PNG file.

Now the generation of the PNG file has some problem. I attach a screenshot of what the source data looks like in ParaView (and thus what should be output by Catalyst in a PNG file).

- If I run the application from the VM's graphical interface, it runs fine. It only gives me the OpenGL warning I mentioned before. BUT the generated file has a big black area (see image_2.png attached). Also I see a window appear for a brief moment with the correct (full) view, then it disappears. I don't know why I get that.

- If I connect to the VM through SSH with -X (otherwise I get the bad display error) and run the application, Catalyst also outputs an image, but this image also has an artifact (see image_1.png attached), and then the application crashes in a segfault, outputing a backtrace (*** glibc detected *** ./Mandelbulb: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00007faffb503010 ***).
In the backtrace, the first line (so the last function call) is this:
/home/mdorier/ParaView-build/lib/libvtkCommonCore-pv4.4.so.1(_ZN20vtkDataArrayTemplateIhE11DeleteArrayEv+0x4b)[0x7fb028c257fd]

I attach my code for reproducibility.

Thanks for your help!

Matthieu