[Paraview] Plotting only some blocks of a vtkMultiBlockDataSet

Dorier, Matthieu mdorier at anl.gov
Wed Sep 30 11:36:01 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have a parallel, Catalyst-enabled simulation exposing its data using a vtkMultiBlockDataSet.
Each block in this dataset is a vtkRectilinearGrid.

Each of the n processes handles k blocks (same number of blocks in each process).
I used the sample script provided with ParaView to write an output of my adaptor so that I can then generate an actual visualization pipeline using ParaView with this output as source.

My question is: how can I ask ParaView to plot only one of the blocks (for debugging purpose; my mesh does not currently look like what it should and I suspect a problem in the way I compute the coordinates of each block's vertices, as a function of the process rank and block id).

Thanks,

Matthieu