[Paraview] ParaViewWeb - Issues with Loading ASCII STL file & Rendering the Output Fields

Scott Wittenburg scott.wittenburg at kitware.com
Tue Sep 29 11:04:16 EDT 2015

Hello Kai,

   Now after doing a clean build of a recent ParaView master, it seems I
can no longer see the Mitchel.stl file, and the server produces the error
logs you have mentioned somewhere above about the being unable to read the
reading point.  So I would say at this point, there is perhaps a bug in the
stl reader.  I wonder if you would be willing to file a bug report?  Maybe
two while you're at it?

1) stl file load issue, it would be great if you are able to upload a file
that can be used to reproduce the issue, something you don't mind sharing.

2) surface with edges issue in ParaViewWeb when doing local rendering

We are still keeping track of bugs with Mantis for the time being:

http://www.paraview.org/Bug/my_view_page.php

Thanks!  Someone will get around to these when we get some time, but we
probably can't estimate when that will be.

Cheers,
Scott