[Paraview] Measuring a specific contour line generated in Paraview with Line object?

Jesse Samluk sevensam at udel.edu
Mon Sep 28 21:36:10 EDT 2015

Greetings Paraview community -

Referring to the attached image, I have these alternating white/blueish lines that are the result of having the imaginary field of the B-field =0, and then taking the log of the absolute value of that quantity. There called “null lines” since that quantity is,n well, null.

 Here’s my question though. Is there anyway for Paraview to give a value for the width of these null lines shown in the image (red line artificially inserted for now)? Is it through the line object?

 One more question - where I have the red line is where I’d like to read off the values. I have other vtk files where the width will change. Is there a way to define this line such that the values change with the width?

Thanks!
 Jesse