[Paraview] X Error: BadWindow

Ethan Hereth e.a.hereth at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 11:33:32 EDT 2015

Hey all, I have a quick question. This has been annoying me for some time.
I like to have as much screen real estate as possible for my
post-processing so I like to detach the Pipeline Browser, Properties,
Information, etc. windows and move them across to another monitor.

Ever since I've started doing this I get the following errors whenever I
start up Paraview (including4.4):

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3

Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)

Resource id: 0x2004047

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3

Major opcode: 15 (X_QueryTree)

Resource id: 0x2004047

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3

Major opcode: 40 (X_TranslateCoords)

Resource id: 0x2004048

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3

Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)

Resource id: 0x2004066

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3

Major opcode: 15 (X_QueryTree)

Resource id: 0x2004066

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3

Major opcode: 40 (X_TranslateCoords)

Resource id: 0x2004066

However, if I just close the message window and ignore them I am able to
carry on normally. Is this the expected behavior? If it is, that's ok, I'll
just carry on. But if it isn't I though someone might know how to fix it.

Thanks for your time,

--
*Ethan Alan Hereth*