[Paraview] More Customization of Python programmable Filter Panel

Dennis Conklin dennis_conklin at goodyear.com
Wed Sep 23 14:39:23 EDT 2015

All,

Pat Marion discussed adding interactive Properties for a Programmable Filter here:
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/534

I have a few questions about this:

1.       Is this still valid for v4.4 with the original python_filter_generator.py?

2.      Have we added any other capability.  For instance,  I would love to present a list of variables to be calculated and let my user select or unselect each to decide exactly what he wants as output.   With a numeric field with 0 as unselect and 1 as select, people will always manage to type something else in there.    If this interface could have a checklist, or if fields could have a drop down list (Yes/No, etc) then this would greatly expand the utility of this technique.

So, is anyone using this and perhaps knows how to do these extended things?

Thanks for any hints

Dennis