[Paraview] Volume Rendering with opacity mapping and specular highlights

Mathew Guilfoyle mrguilfoyle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 13:18:59 EDT 2015

Thanks for the suggestions.  After looking into it further the type of visualisation I am after is volume rendering of the data with an opacity transfer function based on the scalar data values.

I have set up my volume rendering to have full (i.e =1) opacity through the range of scalar values I’m interested in, reducing to near transparency either side of this.  I also want specular highlighting of the opaque tissues.

However, despite these settings Paraview does not seem to render any voxels as fully opaque and there is certainly no specular highlighting.  Is this a known limitation?

Many thanks