[Paraview] Quadrangles and Q_1,1 basis functions

Torquil Macdonald Sørensen torquil at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 08:17:06 EDT 2015

Hi!

Thank you very much for the suggestion, but in that case I seem to end
up with a function that is constant within each square in the mesh.

A general Q_1,1 function can have different values in each of the four
corners of each square, and in the interior it is a first order
polynomial w.r.t. each of the variables x and y.

Does Paraview support the display of such a function which is not
necessarily constant within each square?

Best regards,
Torquil Sørensen