[Paraview] problem with particle tracer in release 4.3.1 and 4.4.0

Perschall Markus (DC/ENE21) Markus.Perschall at boschrexroth.de
Tue Sep 22 14:49:40 EDT 2015

Hi

for some visualizations of unsteady fluid flow data I used to set particle tracer with the following pipeline:

volume data ==> Temporal Interpolator ==> ParticleTracer (with Input:Temporal Interpolator, seed source: some Point or Plane).

This worked fine up to Paraview version 4.1.0. However, in both versions 4.3.1 and 4.4.0 Paraview crashes after setting up the pipeline during the step to next timestep. It behaves like this on both Unix and Windows (64bit).
Any comments or hints on this? Do I have to set up the pipeline differently in the new versions?
Any help would be highly appreciated

Regards,

Markus