[Paraview] Warning: Target "VRPlugin" requests linking to directory

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Sep 18 00:10:44 EDT 2015

Hi Andrew,

What is the value of your VRPN_LIBRARY variable? I suspect it is

"/home/ajs2987/Projects/ParaviewOnStallion/vrpn-07.33-bin/lib"

when it should be something like

"/home/ajs2987/Projects/ParaviewOnStallion/vrpn-07.33-bin/lib/libvrpn.a"

The key is to point VRPN_LIBRARY to the VRPN library.

HTH,
Cory

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 8:24 PM, andrew solis <andrewjsolis13 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
>      I'm relatively new to Paraview and I had a question concerning
> getting Paraview to run on a Linux machine from source and adding vrpn. I
> downloaded and built both I believe, and I am using ccmake to build it.
> When I run ccmake and then try and generate however, I get an error at the
> end stating:
>
> WARNING: Target "VRPlugin" requests linking to directory
> "/home/ajs2987/Projects/ParaviewOnStallion/vrpn-07.33-bin/lib".  Targets
> may link only to libraries.  CMake is dropping the item.
>
> Any particular reason why this would be happening or how to fix it? Any
> help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Andrew Solis

Cory Quammen