[Paraview] Possible bug in recent SuperBuild?

Giovanni A. Cone conega at lanl.gov
Wed Sep 16 15:43:34 EDT 2015

I'm attempting to build an HPC deployed Paraview 4.4 with
the Cosmotools plugin, I believe I've figured out the proper
sequence of toggles to make it available in an interactive
'ccmake' build process.

One issue is that I need to independently grab the source
and other needed package files onto my workstation and then
push them onto our HPC platforms.  I've been able to grab
'cosmotools' and 'qhull' with no issue, but the needed
'genericio' Git repo as written in the versions.cmake file
seems to have troubles if I perform a manual 'git clone' on it:

 > git clone https://kwgitlab.kitware.com/paraview/genericio.git
Cloning into 'genericio'...
fatal: unable to access
'https://kwgitlab.kitware.com/paraview/genericio.git/':
Couldn't resolve host 'kwgitlab.kitware.com'

That's what I get from NERSC's hopper system (given they
aren't as strict as we are dealing with Internet access from
HPC systems). I get a different error on my LANL office
workstation that accesses the Internet via proxy, but I'm
assuming its the name name resolution problem.

If I get rid of the 'kw' in the
'https://kwgitlab.kitware.com' part, I am able to connect,
but then prompted for a username and password. That didn't
happen when I tried the same on the 'diy' Git repo:

git clone https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/diy.git
Cloning into 'diy'...
remote: Counting objects: 2415, done.

I'll leave it at that for now.

PS: when you respond, please delete my original message from
the response. One of the frustrating issues I have with the
Paraview mail-list digests is scrolling through the huge
amount of redundant "quoted" original messages in every
single entry.

Thank you for your time.

--
!   Giovanni "Vann" Cone