[Paraview] Problem with pvd/vtu --> csv convert

David Larsson david.larsson at sth.kth.se
Wed Sep 16 02:34:04 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm currently using paraview to simply open a pvd-file (with corresponding vtu-files) and saving the data as csv-files (that is Save Data, writing all time steps). My file consists of ~1000 time slices so the save data has to go through quite a lot of input/output files.

When I look at my vtu-files they all look good and I can view the data in e.g. spreadsheet format inside Paraview. However, when saving the output it manages only the first few files and then prompts on the likes of (in this case, solution.28.csv represents the 29th frame):

ERROR: In /home/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/ParaViewCore/VTKExtensions/Default/vtkCSVWriter.cxx, line 82
vtkCSVWriter (0x6409f60): Unable to open file: /path/to/my/output/solution.28.csv

This error is then prompted for the rest of the output files.

Does anyone know what might cause this problem?

Thanks in advance for the help

/David