[Paraview] Segfault in ParaView 4.4 RC2

Dorier, Matthieu mdorier at anl.gov
Tue Sep 15 15:26:12 EDT 2015

I compiled and installed Mesa locally (Gallium llvmpipe state-tracker), but when compiling ParaView I get this error:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/home/mdorier/local/mesa/lib/libGLU.so', needed by `lib/libIceTGL.so'.  Stop.

It appears that libGLU.so is not built by Mesa. Is this normal? (I'm not familiar with Mesa at all) Should GLU be downloaded and compiled from somewhere? Or is there an option in Mesa?

(I've used Mesa 11.0.0)

Thanks,

Matthieu