[Paraview] Compiled Paraview - Seg Fault

Paul Urbanczyk gomer at stanford.edu
Sat Sep 12 15:07:18 EDT 2015

Hello,

I built Paraview from source on my workstation (Archlinux) with OpenMPI.
The compilation process went smoothly, but when I try to run Paraview
from /<build_dir>/bin/ I get "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"

If I switch to /<build_dir>/lib/paraview-4.4/ and run Paraview from
there, I get "./paraview: error while loading shared libraries:
libvtkpqApplicationComponents-pv4.4.so.1: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory"

If I then add /<build_dir>/lib/ to my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable, I can successfully run Paraview from
/<build_dir>/lib/paraview-4.4/, but the Paraview executable in
/<build_dir>/bin/ still gives me a seg fault.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Paul