[Paraview] Paraview 4.3.1 Python - Screenshot of specific size and ratio

Ruggiero Guida ruggiero.guida at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 05:07:12 EDT 2015

I am trying to create a screenshot of a specific size from a [VTK file][1].
This is the code I am using

    from paraview.simple import *
    paraview.simple._DisableFirstRenderCameraReset()
    rad_map = LegacyVTKReader(FileNames=['test.vtk'])

    # get active view
    renderView1 = GetActiveViewOrCreate('RenderView')
    dpi = 70
    heigth = 24.39846235421442
    width = 24.398462354214413
    width_p = int(width * dpi)
    heigth_p = int(heigth * dpi)
    renderView1.ViewSize = [width_p, heigth_p]

    # reset view to fit data
    #renderView1.ResetCamera()

    # current camera placement for renderView1
    renderView1.CameraParallelProjection = 1
    renderView1.CameraPosition = [5, 5, 1000]
    renderView1.CameraFocalPoint = [5, 5, 0.0]
    renderView1.CameraViewUp = [0.0, 1.0, 0.0]
    scale = (heigth) / 2.0
    renderView1.CameraParallelScale = scale

    Render()
    SaveScreenshot("/Users/ruggiero/dev/test.png", magnification=1)

The problem is that the `ViewSize` seems to be ignored and I keep having
images of fixed size 1707 × 855. The height 855 seems to be a kind of
limit; the only way to get what I want is to limit the `ViewSize` to
855x855.

I have checked [this][2] question and [this][3] question, but with no
success.

Any idea? I am not very confident in the settings for the camera. Could
this be the issue?

  [1]: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1342856/test.vtk
  [2]:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31930448/in-python-script-for-paraview-can-i-specify-the-resolution-when-i-do-a-savescre