[Paraview] No module named paraview...

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Sep 8 22:03:04 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 09, 2015 at 09:18:26 +0800, Ruggiero Guida wrote:
> I am trying to run paraview scripts from the command line without using the
> specific pvpython from paraview (this one works).

Look at the paths in the output of:

    >>> import sys
    >>> sys.path

from pvpython. You may be missing some paths (there are 4 or 5 IIRC, but
the paraview.app packaging may reduce that).

>     Mac OS X 10.10.5

>     export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/Applications/paraview.app/Contents/Libraries:/Applications/paraview.app/Contents/Python/paraview:/Applications/paraview.app/Contents/Python/vtk:/Applications/paraview.app/Contents/Python/paraview"

OS X uses 'DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH', not 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH'. You should only
need to use the '/Applications/paraview.app/Contents/Libraries'[1] path
for this.

--Ben

[1]And possibly its paraview-4.3 subdirectory, though I forget if that
exists in the .app or not…