[Paraview] Paraview 4.3.1 OSMesa build - QWidget::repaint: Recursive repaint detected

David Trudgian David.Trudgian at UTSouthwestern.edu
Tue Sep 8 14:26:10 EDT 2015

Hi,

After working through the information on the web I've built Paraview 4.3.1 with OSMesa support, osmesa 10.5.4 with llvmpipe, and libGlu 9.0.0. MPI is OpenMPI 1.8.3 and everything is compiled using the Intel 2015 compiler suite.

A Paraview build using MPI and standard OpenGL is working nicely on our GPU compute nodes with NVIDIA Tesla cards. However, if I start the OSMesa pvserver (for our non-GPU nodes) and connect from the client I immediately receive an error:

QWidget::repaint: Recursive repaint detected

The client will exit. The server doesn't exit, but is unresponsive to further connection attempts.

Has anyone else come across this issue with an OSMesa build? As above, the build using a physical NVIDIA card works great, with MPI working nicely etc.

Many Thanks,

--
David Trudgian Ph.D.
Computational Scientist, BioHPC