[Paraview] Paraview 4.3.1, VR Plugin and VRPN

Niklas Röber roeber at dkrz.de
Tue Sep 8 09:57:39 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm a little stuck. I was trying to connect our tracking system for a
large VR wall with ParaView. The tracking runs fine with Avizo from Fei
(using dtrack), but I wanted to use it for ParaView too. We have tracked
glasses and a flystick for interaction. The communication of the
tracking server via VRPN to the client PC works great, with

     vrpn_print_devices DTrack at localhost -trackerstride 100

I can see the two sensors moving and all the buttons that are pressed.
My tracking config file for ParaView is attached. When I start the
tracking in ParaView, I see that ParaView connects to the started
vrpn_server, and I also see a note if the connection is dropped. But
thats all, I don't see any interaction or changes in my viewport. Am I
doing something totally wrong? I also tried running it as client/server
with the same effect of not working.

Thanks for your help!
Cheers from Hamburg ...
Niklas :)