[Paraview] The approach of Paraview's parallel rendering

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Sep 8 09:26:57 EDT 2015

ParaView uses IceT and does sort last compositing. ParaView gives IceT
color and depth buffers from each node, IceT quickly gives us a depth
composited image.

There are exceptions, but in general we do not do anything special with
regards to load balancing. Rather, we read in the data in parallel and keep
whatever partitioning scheme the simulation code that produced it wrote it
in.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer