[Paraview] Plot over Line source

no name keinepostnurmuell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 03:57:19 EDT 2015

Hey there

I have some hundred VTU files and I want to plot some data in a graph (Plot
over Line - POL) next to it. The Problem is, the data from these POLs is
coming from a simple log file, basically conaining only x and y values
(like two np.arrays).

I can transform the arrays via

from vtk.util import numpy_support
values = np.array((x,y))
vtk_values = numpy_support.numpy_to_vtk(values, array_type=vtk.VTK_FLOAT)
vtk_values.setName('values_2_show')
vtk_values.setComponentName(1, 'x_value')
vtk_values.setComponentName(2, 'y_value')

But so far I have no success with how to change the input (source)

VTUFILE = FindSource('VTUFILE*')
plotOverLine1 = PlotOverLine(Input=VTUFILE, Source='High Resolution
Line Source')

to a simple array.

Thanks for any help!
Richard