[Paraview] Saving a slice of data for later visualization

Tim Gallagher tim.gallagher at gatech.edu
Tue Oct 27 15:33:40 EDT 2015

Thanks guys,

As always, it was a nice combination of user error and unexpected behavior. My slice origin was [1.0, 1.0, 0.0] and when I used the CSV writer, it happily wrote out data files for me so I assumed everything worked fine. But when I used any other writer, the slice didn't actually exist (that's why there was the error about no output port). When I moved my slice to [1.0, 1.0, 0.1] then I could get other writers to work. I went with the XdmfWriter just because we're used to dealing with Xdmf files anyway.

SaveData() also works (once my slice is in the right place) on later versions, but doesn't exist in 4.1. I should upgrade, but it's such a pain to build on clusters that I like to avoid it as long as possible!

Thanks again,

Tim