[Paraview] [EXT] Re: Stupid question on Programmable Source

Dennis Conklin dennis_conklin at goodyear.com
Fri Oct 23 13:24:52 EDT 2015

Utkarsh,

Well, I hate to be difficult, but I've got to play to my strengths  ;-)

In my routine if I:
1.  Do not declare any output (just accept the predefined output, which is set to vtkUnstructuredGrd).   Then your print statements work but my program kills Paraview with a segmentation fault

2.  If I declare an output with:
output=self.GetUnstructuredGridOutput()
Then my program succeeds and I get my mesh (just not many cell variables yet as I haven't figured out how to do that 97 times efficiently).  If I turn on your print statements it complains that there is no CellData available.

I have attached the script if there is anything obvious that I am doing incorrectly.

Thanks for your help

Dennis