[Paraview] Help with optimizing Paraview Python script

Neal,Christopher R chrisneal at ufl.edu
Thu Oct 22 06:29:01 EDT 2015

Hi Cory,

I'm using a Windows 64bit version that was built from the binary installer option on the Paraview downloads page.

The grids can be upwards of 20 million cells.  One timestep worth of data is about 100MB.

I'm running on a system with 16GB of RAM.

In terms of optimization I'm inclined to believe that my script isn't written very well and that it is the source of the slowdown that I'm seeing when running it. I CC'd you on my reply to Andy's email where we identified some areas of the script that were particularly slow during execution.

Best regards,

Christopher R. Neal
Graduate Student
Center for Compressible Multiphase Turbulence
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department
University of Florida
Cell: (863)-697-1958