[Paraview] Transient data in single CSV file

Kidess, Anton Anton.Kidess at hilti.com
Wed Oct 21 05:12:57 EDT 2015

Hello, I have a CSV file with fields x,y,z,t, where eventually I'd like to plot a varying number of glyphs over a number of time steps. It is very impractical to have a single CSV per time step, as I would end up with thousands of little files. I think it should be possible to use a single CSV file using the Programmable Filter, and this is where I could use some help.

I have read the thread on "particle tracking on top of unsteady flow solution" (http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2014-May/031178.html) which doesn't work for me as the time steps do not exist yet in my case and have to be "created" within the programmable filter.

Cheers,

Anton