[Paraview] how to create a isosurface

Jun Fang jfang3 at ncsu.edu
Tue Oct 20 09:57:57 EDT 2015

Hello Conrado,

By watching the video, it is clear that the isosurface is the position in
your data field at which a quantity of interest has the same value.
Therefore, to create your own isosurface, first, determine what kind of
variable/quantity you want to visualize, and then apply the contour in your
pipeline; choose the variable/quantity you want to see and specify the
contour values.

Best,
Jun

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 9:30 AM, <jorge.conrado at cptec.inpe.br> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have a netcdf data from NCEP Reanalyis and I'm tryin to construct a
> isosurface of this data. It is the first time I am trying to make a
> isosurface. There is an youtube video explaining how to make a isosurface:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjoSvWdxlTA. But, I  had some difficulty
> understanding this video. Could someone explain me in more detail how to
> make isosurface.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Conrado

Jun Fang