[Paraview] Catalyst and In situ Visualization

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Fri Oct 16 13:03:06 EDT 2015

Hi Amit,

That is essentially correct. If you know ahead of time what images you
want, you can set generate a Python script in the GUI that will output
those images during your Catalyst enabled simulation run. Information on
connecting the GUI to a Catalyst enabled simulation run is available at
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/722.

Also, the Catalyst user's guide is at
http://www.paraview.org/files/catalyst/docs/ParaViewCatalystUsersGuide_v2.pdf
which is quite comprehensive.