[Paraview] PV 440 crashes when picking rotation center

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Oct 12 10:15:51 EDT 2015

Hi Richard,

I can confirm. In fact, it isn't specific to your state file, but rather
can be reproduced with a Sphere Source:

- launch ParaView
- Sources -> Sphere Source. Apply
- Click on "builtin:" in Pipeline Browser
- Click the "Pick Center" button
- Click on the sphere

Crash:

ASSERT: "this->View != NULL && this->Port != NULL" in file
/home/cory/code/src/ParaView/Qt/Components/pqFindDataSelectionDisplayFrame.cxx,
line 323
Aborted (core dumped)

I'll take a look at a fix.

Cory

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 6:58 AM, Richard Grenon <richard.grenon at onera.fr>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I found what seems to be a little bug in PV 440: load the sample state
> file that opens the sample Tecplot file, click on the "Pick center" button,
> then click anywhere on the sample shape and PV 440 crashes.
>
> This bug seems to be related to the fact that no object is selected in the
> pipeline when loading a state file: if you select an object in the pipeline
> before picking center, PV 440 does not crash. Test performed on Linux 64
> bits, PV 440 installed from the binaries on the PV download page.
>
> Same test with PV 410: no crash when no object is selected.
>
> Richard
>
> --
>  Richard GRENON
>  ONERA
>  Departement d'Aerodynamique Appliquee - DAAP/ACI
>  8 rue des Vertugadins
>  92190 MEUDON - FRANCE
>  phone : +33 1 46 73 42 17
>  fax   : +33 1 46 73 41 46