[Paraview] Finding center points/lines of a scalar field

Tim Gallagher tim.gallagher at gatech.edu
Tue Oct 6 18:04:18 EDT 2015

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the tip on the MS Complex, I had never heard of this but it looks very interesting.

If I have time, I may try to write my own code to do it and if I can figure out the algorithms in our own research code, I could take a stab at getting them in a VTK filter. In the meantime, I found this:

http://vgl.serc.iisc.ernet.in/mscomplex/pyms3dEx.html

which shows examples using paraview to call the library that group wrote. It's done through the python programmable filter -- it might be pretty easy to generate an in-situ proof of concept using their library.

Tim