[Paraview] ParaView server configuration with user defineable server address

Schlottke-Lakemper, Michael m.schlottke-lakemper at aia.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Oct 6 04:00:30 EDT 2015

Hi folks,

We regularly start a pvserver on one of our cluster nodes and then connect to it from a PV client. However, in each instance it is necessary to specify the server address manually, as the server address naturally changes depending on which node the cluster job is located. Is there a way to also make the server address (as opposed to just e.g. the port number) configurable, similar to Use Case Two at http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Server_Configuration? Right now I have a static configuration where I always manually change the host name before connecting, which is somewhat cumbersome.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Schlottke-Lakemper

SimLab Highly Scalable Fluids & Solids Engineering
Jülich Aachen Research Alliance (JARA-HPC)
RWTH Aachen University
Wüllnerstraße 5a
52062 Aachen
Germany