[Paraview] Passing output file name from C to Catalyst script

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Mon Oct 5 11:41:33 EDT 2015

Hi Matthieu,

I think the best way to do that would be to use vtkCPDataDescription's
Set/GetUserData() methods. The reason we use a vtkFieldData object for that
is two-fold. The first is that it's Python wrapped so you can set it or get
in your C++ code (i.e. the adaptor) as well as set it or get it on the
Python script pipeline. The second is that it aggregates vtkAbstractArrays
so you can pass in all native data types between the adaptor and the Python
script pipelines.

Once the C/C++ adaptor passes in this information you'll need to hand edit
the Python script to take that information in. In case you haven't gotten
into the details of the Catalyst Python scripts,
http://www.kitware.com/source/home/post/170 has some information on that.
If that article isn't clear, let us know and we can walk you through the
details with a bit more guidance.

Best,
Andy