[Paraview] Correctly Parallel Processing of OpenFoam results using pvserver

ronald.fowler at stfc.ac.uk ronald.fowler at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Oct 2 09:10:56 EDT 2015

Hi,
I did try to determine the differences between the ParaView built in reader and the one supplied by OpenFOAM, but could not find any documentation on this. I do know that the ParaView built in one has been improved in recent releases and seems to do all that I require of it. I tend to use RHEL6 systems and I believe that the OpenFOAM only support an older version of ParaView on these systems, so I rarely use paraFOAM.
I tend to use ParaView 4.4 but have not done any timings with it yet. There is also a version of 4.4 with the OpenGL 2 backend that may be faster.
Ron