[Paraview] problem of running catalyst on super computer

Dan Zhao danzhao.nudt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 07:13:04 EST 2015

Hi, everyone.
Recently I am trying to run catalyst on supercomputer. For testing I choose
the demo from kitware defined by 2 python scripts, driver.py and
coprocessing.py. The catalyst is invoked on computation node without any x
server available, thus it is failed with the output as follows,
vtkXOpenGLRenderingWindow (0xceea740): bad X server connection.
DISPLAY=Aborted.

I have also tried the --use-offscreen-rendering, and it didn't wirk out.

PLEASE HELP!

Danny